WHAT ARE SOME HEALTH HAZARDS OF THE PILL
The Pill creates all kinds of problems for women’s health: physical, emotional, psychological, mental and reproductive health. The evidence is becoming more and more compelling.
SOME HEALTH HAZARDS OF THE PILL
According to the director of Planned Parenthood of England the birth control pill causes 150 different chemical changes in a woman’s body. Not one of these is beneficial. Abortifacient contraceptives are detrimental to a woman’s physical, emotional, psychological, mental and reproductive health. Over 10 million women in the US use the birth control pill today and about 4 million of those are under age 25.
1) 98% of all women in the US who have had sexual intercourse have used at least one contraceptive method.
2) Women who use a hormonal contraceptive for a minimum of four years prior to their first full term pregnancy have a 52% higher risk of developing breast cancer.
3) Women who use a hormonal contraceptive for more than five years are four times more likely to develop cervical cancer.
4) Since the advent of “the pill” in 1960, the average number of children in the American Catholic family has fallen from 5.5 to 2.1; the number of seminarians has fallen from 50,000 to 5,000; the number of religious teaching in Catholic schools has fallen from 100,000 to 10,000; and attendance at Sunday Mass has fallen from almost 75% to less than 25%.
5) Prior to “the pill” there were known to be 5 sexually transmitted diseases; today there are more than 30.
6) Today, for every US child born there are an estimated two children killed in the womb from surgical abortion and abortifacient contraceptives.
7) By age 45, at least one partner in every two US marriages has been sterilized.
8) Only one in three US couples now reaches their 25th wedding anniversary; only one in five reaches their 35th.
9) The divorce rate for US couples who use natural family planning to space children is less than 1%.
10) The “abortifacient action” in hormonal contraceptives is documented by pharmaceutical manufacturers themselves in package inserts. These devices are believed to be responsible for an estimated minimum of five times more abortions than surgical procedures. Since the advent of Roe v. Wade in 1973, the current estimated total number of abortions from hormonal contraceptives and surgical procedures combined is over 300,000,000 … one for every American man, woman, and child now alive.
Other side effects of birth control pills are the development of high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke, heart attack, depression, weight gain, migraine, dark spots on the skin and difficulty with breastfeeding. Diabetics, who take oral contraceptives, may note increased sugar levels. Some women who atop taking the pill do not have a return of their menstrual cycles for a year or longer. Although the pill decreases ovarian and uterine cancer, it increases liver and cervical cancer. Studies have shown that the AIDS virus is transmitted more easily to women who are taking the pill and whose partner(s) has the HIV virus.
* * * * *
Good morality leads to good health. Bad morality leads to poor health, spiritual devastation and death.
Fr. Matthew Habiger OSB